What’s better than having a great circle of friends? Being able to smash said friends in the face with Giant Chickens, of course. That’s right; the 0.4 update gives you the tools to invite your friends (or an old adversary) to come and play against you in PvP so that you can utterly destroy them. Or just play some practice games, if that’s what you’re into. What’s more, you can also invite those same friends to be your ally as you embark on an epic co-op challenge together and take down our big bad bosses. This is a huge change and a long requested feature that makes Fable Fortune a much more sociable place to be.
We’ve also crammed this update full of some other tasty treats, like improving how we sequence battle animations, and a whole heap of bug fixes which make the game more stable both in and out of battle. Oh, and the deck select screen will remember whether you’ve been looking at Custom Decks or Basic Decks so you don’t have to click through to Custom Decks every time (EVERY! TIME!).
With Friend Invites up and running, we’ll now be focusing our efforts on Daily Bounties and Mass Salvage, plus some further improvements and bug fixes for our next major update. Check out the dev roadmap[www.fable-fortune.com] for more info on what’s coming soon.
To celebrate the launch of the 0.4 update, we’re also giving out a special card pack that is crammed full of Fancy Morality-themed cards. Log in now to receive yours and let us know what you find.
As always, sound off in the comments to let us know what you think and keep an eye out http://www.fable-fortune.com, as well as our Facebook and Twitter for future updates.
Happy chicken chasing!
- Tom “Wimbles” Wimbush, Lead Designer (Mediatonic)
Features & Updates:
Players on Steam and Xbox One will now be able to challenge their friends to a friendly match of PvP, or invite them to come fight alongside them in co-op! We’ve been working on this for a while now, so we’re super excited to finally let you fight with and against your friends.
We see friendly PvP as a way for you to experiment with new decks, earn bragging rights and have some fun, so you won’t earn any Silver or XP rewards for playing friendly PvP matches against your friends. You also won’t earn (or lose!) any Medals, so it won’t have any effect on your ranking or League status. On the flip side, you will still earn Seals and the full amount of XP/Silver while playing with your friends in co-op, so you can power through a co-op challenge with your friend to earn all the rewards.
This feature is restricted by platform, so you can’t invite your Steam friends to play with you while playing on Xbox One. Friend invites is also currently only available on Steam and Xbox One, with Windows 10 support to follow in a subsequent update.
- Keeping It Friendly - You can now challenge your friends to friendly PvP matches.
- With A Little Help From Your Friends - You can now invite your friends to come be your ally in co-op.
Improved Animation Sequencing:
We’ve made some changes to the way that battle animations are being handled so that more of them can be played in parallel. What this means in real terms is that the game feels faster and more responsive, as your actions will now overlap much more seamlessly. Hop into a match and queue up a bunch of attacks and spells to see the changes for yourself. Or just try playing Chain Reaction. That’s a pretty good test!
- No Loitering - Animations no longer have to wait for the previous animation to finish before they start playing.
Dynamic Deck Select:
So this is technically a bug fix, but it’s such a big deal that it deserves its own section. The deck select screen will now correctly remember if you were last looking at Basic or Custom Decks, so that when you re-enter this screen it will default to looking at decks of that type. No more having to press the ‘Custom Decks’ button every time you enter this screen once you’ve started playing with Custom Decks.
- Forget Me Not - The deck select screen will now remember if you were last looking at Basic or Custom decks.
Guess who’s back.
Spire Commandant will be reverting back to his original intended design as the existing bug with that design has now been fixed. As with other card changes, this means that Spire Commandant will have his salvage value increased for the next two weeks to compensate you all for any inconvenience caused.
- Spire Commandant Ability reverted to "Last Laugh: Deal 1 damage to ALL units for each spell in your hand.”
- Attacking a Cemetery Bannerman after destroying another Cemetery Bannerman no longer causes an error.
- Arena Commentator’s ability will no longer trigger twice.
- Blaze of Glory will now always fully heal the targeted unit.
- Changed the order of the card draw effect of Hobbe Stiltwalker and all cards with similar abilities so that the player using that card will always draw first.
- Demon Door no longer gives out cards which aren’t available in card packs.
- Fanatic’s ability no longer continues to affect you after it has been removed from the board.
- Fixed a bug with Apprentice Inventor where he would make only one of the two players draw a card in co-op.
- Furious Librarian’s ability no longer occasionally causes an error.
- Furious Librarian’s ability no longer triggers when gaining cards from Conjure or other, similar sources.
- Furious Librarian’s ability now triggers as expected in co-op.
- Lab Maniac’s ability no longer continues to affect you after it has been removed from the board.
- Lord of Wraithmarsh’s ability will no longer trigger twice.
- Morbid Arcanist no longer gets stuck in your hand if you obtained it using Conjure.
- Playing a transforming Morality unit with a targeted Big Entrance will no longer cause an error when Lord of Wraithmarsh is on the board.
- A bunch of miscellaneous ‘Uh Oh’ errors have been fixed.
- Attempting to drop a card back into your hand will no longer result in that card being accidentally played.
- Attempting to edit a custom deck while using a controller and already having the maximum amount of decks will no longer cause an error.
- Cancelling the deployment of a unit that has been buffed in your hand will now correctly maintain the buff on that unit.
- Completing a Quest by playing a unit that draws a card and modifies its cost no longer also modifies the cost of that Quest’s reward.
- Concede tooltip now correctly informs the player that they will forfeit rewards by conceding.
- Currently Craftable filter in crafting mode is now correctly applied to Fancy cards.
- Entering crafting mode while editing a custom deck will no longer cause that deck to lose its contents.
- Fancy gold cards can now correctly be played from your hand when using a controller.
- Fixed an error which occurred while changing pages in the card collection after removing a card from your deck.
- Fixed the hitbox for Open Packs on the main menu.
- Fixed a display issue with the reward boundaries for the Hero League during the result sequence.
- Game mode portals inside the crystal ball no longer flicker on highlight.
- Hero League UI is no longer misaligned during the post match results sequence.
- Minor text and tooltip amends.
- ’New’ card FX no longer enlarges when revealing a new Fabled card during pack opening.
- Suggestions that target the Heroes in co-op will no longer appear to ping the boss.
- When using the Trial version through Game Preview, you will no longer be able to access the Store.
- You can no longer accidentally skip the reveal of the last card in a card pack that you are opening.
- You can no longer suggest that your ally uses Guard on a unit that can’t Guard.
- Your Hero’s/opponent’s Health values will now correctly turn red if they are below the maximum amount.
- You should no longer occasionally receive an error when playing a unit while you already have 5 other units in play.
- You will no longer get stuck in a battle if your opponent concedes when they are about to lose.
- You will no longer get stuck in a battle if your opponent concedes when you are picking a Quest.
- Your ally’s Quest selection will now always be displayed, even if they loaded into the battle before you.
- Your Hero Powers will no longer display when you have a card in your deck list selected while using a controller.
- If your friend leaves your game while you are both selecting your decks, you will not receive a notification that they have left.
- Making a purchase while using a very poor internet connection can result in you getting stuck in an endless ‘Purchasing…’ screen. The purchase will not be processed, so no funds will be deducted from your account.
- ’New’ card FX are missing some particles while in the card collection.
- Some parts of the card collection UI incorrectly remain lit while you are renaming your deck.
- You may encounter issues when inviting friends to play with you if your friend has not yet launched the game.
- You may encounter issues when accepting a friend invite while performing complex in-game actions (transitioning between screens, during salvaging/crafting animations, while you or your opponent are picking cards/conceding, etc).