Your healthcare website content can make or break your digital marketing campaigns. Pay-per-click (PPC) can lead your audience to your landing pages, but poor content can quickly drive them away! Well-optimized healthcare content is updated, reliable, and helpful. You’re sure to reach the top ranks in search engine results pages with a highly-optimized, value-packed website.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is one of the keys to a successful healthcare marketing campaign. It is a collection of optimization strategies that can help rank websites higher. It covers all aspects of online marketing, including content marketing.
Benefits of SEO for Content Writing
Why should you use SEO strategies to boost your content? Here are reasons to consider:
- SEO increases social validation.
- SEO boosts high-value backlinks.
- SEO gives search engines quality content.
- SEO improves your website’s searcher task accomplishment factor.
Optimized healthcare content makes link building easier. It offers various interests and topics to your customers so that they can stay longer on your site. According to Digital Authority Partners, optimized content also improves organic rankings, delivering lasting results and driving more traffic to your website.
The Latest Healthcare SEO Tips
The following tips will help you use SEO for your healthcare website.
Begin with Thorough Keyword Research
Using the right keywords is one way to help your healthcare website rank higher on the search engine results pages (SERPs). Although Google does not use keywords to rank sites, the search engine’s web crawlers use these to index pages for easy retrieval. When you use the right keywords in your content, your customers find it very easy to locate your business as well.
Keyword research is all about finding the best keywords through online tools. For healthcare websites, you can use Google Ads and KWFinder to find high-value keywords in your niche.
We also recommend the following strategies for selecting the right keywords:
- Use location-specific keywords that allow your customers to find your business. Use “maternity hospitals in San Diego” or “Las Vegas children’s clinic” to narrow down businesses on SERPs.
- Use long-tail keywords that are very similar to organic searches. Try “laser eye surgery specialist in San Diego” or “Los Angeles skin whitening clinic.”
- Don’t stuff your content with keywords! Google will ban websites using black-hat SEO strategies such as keyword stuffing.
Create Content That Solves Users’ Problems
Now that you have your keywords, it’s time to create content. Google prefers websites that have helpful, updated, and reliable content because, with these qualities, your audience will likely stay, share, and return to your website.
Remember that content is not just text content. You can also use other types of content that are relevant to your topics.
For example, an article about Covid-19 can be text or video. You can add an infographic to present subtopics such as Covid-19 transmission, proper handwashing steps, and health protocols. Some users prefer other forms of content such as podcasts to listen to instead of reading or watching content.
Whatever type of content you prefer, always focus on solving users’ problems or answering their questions. This way, your content will always be helpful and relevant to your industry.
Consider these additional tips:
- Keep your content short, concise, and easy to understand.
- Use authority sites as references. Place high-value links in your content to boost your reputation.
- Follow good content structure to make your articles readable and easy to understand. Use headings and subheadings to guide your audience through your website.
- Use step-by-step instructions to simplify your content.
- Create a summary to highlight what your users have learned.
Improve Title Tags and Meta Descriptions
Your healthcare website looks like almost all the results on SERPs. To make your site stand out, use good title tags and meta descriptions.
The title tag is your web page title, so this should be engaging to encourage your audience to click. It would be best if you used your main keyword to create unique and encouraging title tags.
Meanwhile, meta descriptions are the text underneath the title tag. Meta descriptions are limited to 155 to 160 characters, so you must do all you can to promote your content.
- Always consider the length of the title tags and meta descriptions. These must not be too long or too short.
- Create unique titles and descriptions.
- Use your primary and secondary keywords. Never overstuff your descriptions with keywords.
- Enhance your title tags using the essential words in your content.
- Create title tags and meta descriptions for humans and not for search engine bots.
End with an Engaging Call-to-action
Your content is ready with the right keywords in place, but you’re still not getting hits. What seems to be missing? Using calls-to-action (CTAs) at the end of your content can eventually lead your customers to where you want them to be.
If your goal is for your audience to book your healthcare service, you can use CTAs to ask them to call, contact, book, or set an appointment. If you want to spread valuable information, use CTAs to entice your audience to subscribe, sign up, or comment.
CTAs are compelling and can be used in many types of content. You can add CTAs at the end of your article or the end of a video. You can insert CTAs in infographics or at the end of a podcast.
Some tips to help you create excellent CTAs:
- Use a command verb to create powerful CTAs.
- Create CTAs out of words that entice enthusiasm or extreme emotion.
- Be creative; your audience will appreciate humor and creativity.
- Include your contact details on all your web pages. If your CTA is for your audience to contact or call you, your phone number should be visible on your web pages.
SEO can help your healthcare website reach your audience and expand your practice. An optimized website can boost traffic temporarily but in the long term. Follow these SEO content writing tips and get the best results from your web content.
Leave a Reply